Each summer, our TheatreLab gives fifteen selected students VIP access to our summer season, offering them an inside look at the way live theatre productions evolve from start to finish. Backstage tours, tech rehearsals, actor/director talkbacks, and more make TheatreLab perfect for students age 12 to 18 who are interested in learning about all aspects of theatre production.
Claire Mercier always wanted to be a Weston actor. “Being in the Young Company — and the Weston Company in general — has always been a dream of mine!” She loved “watching rehearsals, watching everyone do what they do best,” and said that our TheatreLab program (formerly called Student Ambassadors) brought her that much closer to her ambition. “I feel like my dreams are coming true. Weston is magical.”
TheatreLab’s mission is to give students an up-close and personal look at creating live theatre, and to introduce them to areas of theatre they might not have known existed, all while under the instruction of top professionals in different fields, and in the company of peers who share their passion.
- Free tickets to certain shows in the season (shows dependent on if age appropriate).
- Participation in Director Talks, Talkbacks, backstage tours, workshops, rehearsals, tech rehearsals, ushering opportunities, and more.
- The opportunity to meet other students who share a passion for theatre.
- Participation in TheatreLab looks great on high school and college applications.
- Ability to attend at least four of the Sunday matinee performances.
- A short final presentation on an area of theatre of your choosing.
- Share your experiences through conversation, content creation, and social media during the season and when you return to school.
- $50 registration and enrollment fee. Some scholarships available.
- Includes one ticket to each show in the 2017 season.
- All supplemental activities such as Talkbacks, Directors Talks, backstage tours, rehearsals, & more.
- Certificate of Participation awarded at the end of the summer!
- Bring one guest to the show for just $10!
For information, email Director of Education/Artisic Associate Piper Goodeve or call (802) 824-8167 x 104.