Each summer, TheatreLab gives up to fifteen selected students VIP access to our summer season, offering them an inside look at the way live theatre productions evolve from start to finish. Backstage tours, tech rehearsals, actor/director talkbacks, and more make TheatreLab perfect for students age 12 to 18 who are interested in taking their knowledge of theatre making to the next level.
Claire Mercier always wanted to be a Weston actor. “Being in the Young Company — and the Weston Company in general — has always been a dream of mine!” She loved “watching rehearsals, watching everyone do what they do best,” and said that our TheatreLab program (formerly called Student Ambassadors) brought her that much closer to her ambition. “I feel like my dreams are coming true. Weston is magical.”
TheatreLab’s mission is to give students an up-close and personal look at creating live theatre and introduce them to areas of theatre they might not have known existed, all under the instruction of top professionals and in the company of peers who share their passion. TheatreLab meets most Sundays and occasional weekday evenings from June-August.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be running TheatreLab in 2020. Please check back next spring for information about TheatreLab 2021. Thank you for understanding.
- One ticket to all six of the shows in our summer season.
- One additional $10 ticket per student per production.
- Participation in Post-Show Talks, backstage tours, workshops, rehearsals, tech rehearsals, special events, and more.
- The opportunity to meet other students who share a passion for theatre.
- The opporuntity to potentially shadow one of Weston's professional theatre staff members.
- Ability to attend at least four of the Sunday matinee performances and workshops.
- A short final presentation on an area of theatre of your choosing.
- Share your experiences through conversation, content creation, and social media during the season and when you return to school.