Give the gift of time, talent, and enthusiasm.
*Due to COVID-19, Weston's volunteer programs are limited in 2021. We hope to be able to incorporate more events as COVID protocols change.
See details bulleted in bold below:
Join a growing family of community volunteers who provide vital support to the company of performers and theatre artists who make Weston their summer home.
Get to know the actors, directors, designers, and staff while making a gift of your time to support the non-profit Weston Playhouse.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Adopt-A-Shop: This is a great opportunity for you to learn about and support what goes on behind the scenes of putting on a show. When you Adopt-A-Shop (costume, set, paint, electric, etc.), you will stop by the shop approximately twice a month to bring them some snacks and treats. Adopt-A-Shop is a wonderful way to bring joy and a sense of community to our summer residents.
- 2021 Update: Adopt-a-Shop is suspended until further notice.
Welcome Baskets: Given to cast and crew on the first day of rehearsals, they are very popular and much-loved by our visiting artists. The baskets contain donated items and goodies from around the area, including local or home-made cheese, baked goods, jams, etc. This is a fun way to make the cast feel welcomed on their first day in Weston.
- 2021 Update: Welcome Baskets are now individual Welcome Bags supported by Janet Warren and Gay Church. Welcome Bags cannot contain any loose or homemade goods (including food, crafts, loose fruit, etc.). Commercially pre-packaged goods are accepted - granola bars, dried fruits, individually-wrapped candies, or pre-packaged (professionally made) Vermont goods are ideal. We are accepting donations for drop off on May 24th, 25th, and 26th (location TBD). The morning of May 27th we will have a socially-distanced Welcome Bag Assembly event outside the Walker Farm theatre and all are invited to participate. Contact Reva Stover for more information.
Tech Dinners: The Tuesday before a show’s opening is the first time the actors are in the theatre with sets and in costume. A buffet dinner is provided for the cast and crew, prepared at home by volunteers and brought to the Cabaret space for Playhouse shows, and to Walker Farm for Walker Farm productions. Volunteers providing food are welcome to stay for dinner and attend the tech rehearsal!
- 2021 Update: Tech Dinners are suspended until further notice.
Office Assistance: Get to know the year-round administrative staff by assisting with archiving, mailings, special events, and more. Includes opportunities to volunteer in the winter and spring months!
- 2021 Update: Office Assistance is suspended until further notice.
Ushering: Ushers are essential in assisting with the smooth and safe operation of our theatre before, during, and after shows. Our ushers help patrons find their seats, hand out programs, and ensure the safety of all guests.
- 2021 Update: We will still be incorporating our Usher program this summer. Returning Ushers will be contacted in April. If you are interested in joining our Usher program for the first time, please email Jenna Jordan.
The Weston Playhouse Student Usher program allows students to earn community service hours, gain work experience, and see the show at no charge.
- 2021 Update: We will still be incorporating our Student Usher program this summer. If you are interested in joining our Student Usher program, please email Jenna Jordan.
For more information about Ushering, please email Jenna Jordan.
For more information about any of our other volunteer programs, please email Reva Stover.