The Weston Playhouse Young Company is composed of Non-Equity actor/singer/dancers who are attending or no more than one year beyond graduation from a conservatory or undergraduate training program. The Young Company program provides performance training and experience and a forum for sharing the expertise of Weston-related theatre professionals through a series of workshops, discussions and interactive exercises.
Auditions for the Weston Young Company are limited to a list of longtime affiliated BFA musical theatre programs (including Baldwin Wallace University Conservatory, Boston Conservatory, CAP21 Musical Theatre Conservatory, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati, NYU New Studio on Broadway, PACE Musical Theatre, and University of Michigan Musical Theatre). Because of staffing and travel limitations, we regret that it is not possible for us to consider candidates outside of those programs at this time, and we are not able to accept or acknowledge submissions by mail, online, or video.
- Young Company members spend the bulk of the summer season in residence at the Playhouse. The summer of 2021 “in residence” dates are June 22 through August 8.
- This summer the Young Company members will be performing in the brand-new Young Audiences Tour of Seussical the Musical. Young Company members will be traveling to towns throughout central and southern Vermont to provide theatre to underserved communities.
- All Young Company members will also perform in An Iliad alongside talented equity directors and actors.
- Main Stage work may also involve some backstage and/or shift responsibilities. YoCo members are assigned to strike duties for all Main Stage productions, under the supervision of the technical staff.
- YoCo members benefit from up to 6 hours of workshops, instruction, and discussion sessions a week as their schedules permit. These sessions are coordinated by Artistic & Education Associate Reva Stover, and usually include master classes with Weston-related theatre professionals such as composer Andrew Lippa and voiceover artist Jennifer Server.
- Main Stage and YoCo show rehearsal calls are handled by stage managment. Times for workshops, instructional sessions, and cabaret production work will be established by Reva Stover.
- The entire Playhouse company is small and inclusive. The Young Company is a critical part of our operation, and we seek constant feedback on how to improve the experience.