A One-Woman Tour de Force
By Dael Orlandersmith
Pulitzer finalist Dael Orlandersmith brought Stoop Stories to Weston’s OtherStages in 2014. This summer, she returns with another celebrated and provocative new work! In this uplifting exploration of the family we are born into and the family we choose, Orlandersmith travels to the famed Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris where, by the graves of legendary artists such as Marcel Proust, Oscar Wilde, and Jim Morrison, she finds unexpected grace in a gripping tale of the legacy a daughter inherits from her mother. Mature language and subject matter. 80 minutes. No intermission.
Tuesday - Saturday Evenings at 7:30 pm
Saturday Matinee at 2:00 pm
Sunday Matinee at 3:00 pm
- A strong voice can move through time and place, and it can light a candle flame (BTW Berkshire Review)
- FOREVER comes alive on stage (Manchester Journal Review)
- Dael Orlandersmith is a national treasure (Chester Telegraph Review)
- Orlandersmith's FOREVER is theatre of the best kind... (Times Argus Review)
- Dael Orlandersmith on WAMC Public Radio
- Three Questions for the Artist: Weston Video Project
- An Elegy with a Knife-Sharp Edge: New York Times Theatre Review
- American Theatre magazine calls Orlandersmith a "poet of life's complexity..."
- Show Notes
- Join us for a Director's Talk 30 minutes prior to 7:30 pm curtain on 7/14 or 7/15; and 30 minutes prior to 2 pm curtain on Saturday 7/16.
- Join us for a Talkback with the cast and crew on 7/17 or 7/24, immediately following the 3 pm Sunday matinee.
- Director: Steve Stettler
- Scenic Design: Brian Dudkiewicz
- Lighting Design: Cory Pattak
- Costume Design: Kaye Voyce
- Sound Design: Adam Phelan
- Production Stage Manager: Tina Shackleford*
- Stage Management Intern: Nicki Berger
- Dael Orlandersmith*
* Member, Actors' Equity Association