Written by Meredith Willson and Franklin Lacey. Music & lyrics by Meredith Willson.
Follow fast-talking traveling salesman Harold Hill as he cons the townspeople of River City, Iowa, into paying for a boys' band that he has no intention of organizing. But when he falls for Marian, the librarian, his plans to skip town with the cash are foiled and a town is transformed.
- Tuesday - Saturday evenings: 7:30pm
- Wednesday and Saturday matinees: 2:00pm
- Sunday matinee: 3:00pm
- Join us for a Director's Talk 30 minutes prior to 7:30 pm curtain on 8/3 and 8/4; and 30 minutes prior to 2 pm curtain on Saturday 8/5.
- Join us for a Talkback with the cast and crew on 8/6 or 8/13, immediately following the 3 pm Sunday matinee.
The Music Man
- Director: Malcolm Ewen
- Music Director/Orchestral Reduction: Larry Pressgrove
- Choreographer: Michael Raine
- Associate Choreographer: Felicity Stiverson
- Scenic Design: Howard C. Jones
- Lighting Design: Stuart Duke
- Costume Design: Kirche Leigh Zeile
- Sound Design: Ed Chapman
- Wig Designer: Dave Bova
- Associate Music Director: Jake Turski
- Production Stage Manager: Michele A. Kay*
- Assistant Stage Manager: Danielle Zandri*
- Stage Management Intern: Vanessa Ramon
- Musicians: Larry Pressgrove conductor/keyboard, Jake Turski keyboard, Tom Regouski reeds, Joshua Pauly trumpet, Tom Jorgensen percussion
- Pure entertainment from start to finish (The Manchester Journal)
- Delivers the heart in The Music Man (Rutland Herald)
- The audience leaves the theatre with the lovely music playing in their heads (More Theatre Talk)
- Pure delight (Seven Days)
- A rousing success (Chester Telegraph)
- Bringing River City to life (The Vermont Journal)